Thursday, May 23, 2013

Team Jayden

Last weekend was the preeclampsia walk in Irvine and I've tried several times writing about it, but every time I sit down to start writing I get a little emotional. Hearing other stories so similar to ours was very difficult...especially when their story did not have a happy ending :( There was a huge group walking for a particular family that lost their baby...and other families had babies with major medical problems. I had so many mixed feelings...I was so sad and heartbroken for those who lost their babies while another part of of me felt so blessed our little Jayden is here and beyond healthy. There was a point in the ceremony that I was helping Jayden get comfy (she was being a little fussy in her stroller) and I looked over and read the back of one of the shirts a team was wearing...and I almost broke down... "We never got to hold you in our arms, but we will forever hold you in our hearts" ... I think back to the days in the hospital and that so easily could have been us. I don't know how we got so lucky...but I thank God every single day I get to hold little Jayden every day and every night.

My family did the walk with us and we had a BLAST! We decorated the wagon for my nephews to sit in...sooooo cute!!!


They were blowing bubbles at everyone with their bubble gun...it was pretty funny!! 


TEAM JAYDEN FAITH :) whoop whoop!!


And the walk begins!! 


Such a sad statistic...makes me sad :(


Our cute little family :)

I can't wait for next years walk! We are going to make shirts and go all out! Who knows maybe Jayden will actually be able to walk part of it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment