Friday, November 4, 2016

A Few of My Favorite Things

It's been a while since I've caught up on some of my favorite things that Jayden says...and now that Sophia & Savannah are little chatter boxes, they have quite a bit to say as well! Mostly still jabbering, but they sure try to communicate!

Some of my favorite words the girls are saying:

Jayden (word count: LOST COUNT)
Animal - "Aninal"
Koala - "Kolala"
Hospital - "Hosible"
iPad - "Hi Pad"
Crocodile - "Crapadile"

Sophia (word count: probably around 15-20)
Please - "Pease"
Doggie - "Dahyee"
Papa - "Pawh Pah" (almost sounds like she has an Italian accent when she says it!)
Monnie - "Mawye"

Savannah (word count: probably around 10-15...she's a girl of few words, but lots of chatter)
Stinky - "Stink-key" (while waving her hand in front of her face)
Please - "Ease"
Sissy - "Sis-see"
Memaw - "Mi Mi"

The twins are also learning sign language in daycare. So far, they know:

Daddy
Mommy
Thank You
Work

Jayden's also learning some...interesting/funny...things in preschool. One of my favorites being nicknames. She loves to shorten words, names or phrases. So lately she's been calling Sophia "Soph", Savannah "Sav", Monnie "Mon", Memaw "Mem" and so on. Just when you think Uncle Al's name couldn't get any shorter, she said his name is "Ah" ... And she thinks it's hilarious!

Another one of my favorite things she's learning in school are the new Jesus songs. Randomly I'll hear her singing the song "Go now in peace" along with the hand motions. It seriously melts my heart, especially when she sings it LOUDLY in public. Today we were in the changing room after her swim lessons and she was singing "Jesus loves me" loud enough for everyone to hear. When people started looking at her, she got a little shy...so I just started singing it with her and she kept on singing! She is such a courageous and brave little girl.






Every day we sing in our home, and now we will randomly hear the twins humming "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or "Wheels on the Bus". I think my favorite songs to sing with them are "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "If You're Happy and You Know It" and "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes". Mostly because they LOVE doing the hand motions. When we sing "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes", we sing at regular pace a few times...and then we go as fast as we can! The girls think it's hilarious and crack up laughing while they try to keep up! It's so much fun!





These little love bugs are so amazing. Their smiles brighten my day! I hope their little light only gets brighter as they get older! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment