Friday, August 15, 2014

One and a Half

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact Jayden turns 18 months old tomorrow! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Everyone warned us it would, I just had no idea how true it really was!

Since we started counting Jayden's calories and feeding her anything and everything that is "fatty", I'm happy to report she has gained a pound! I put her on the scale a few days ago and she was 17.2 lbs! Her 18 month check up is next week so I'm excited to see what that scale says!

Jayden's vocabulary is also growing! Some new words she's now saying:
bye, which sounds like "bah" (while she's saying "bah" she's also waving)
car, which sounds like "kah"
clap, which sounds like "cap"
doggie, which sounds like "dawyee"
maverick, which sounds like "maymeh" (she's only said this once or twice)
again, which sounds like "ghen"

In addition to pointing to her nose and ears, she now also points to her eyes, tongue and toes...although sometimes she points to her nose since they rhyme :)


Jayden's also doing so much better at listening and following directions. You can give her a snack and tell her to go sit on her bottom and she will walk over to the living room, sit on her bottom and enjoy her snacks. I can also give her a wrapper and say "put this in the trash please" and she will walk it over and put it in the trashcan!

Jayden's going to be one awesome helper! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment