Monday, November 17, 2014

Halfway There

Yep that's right! I'm officially halfway to the finish line! I'm 18 1/2 weeks and since my doctor is delivering me in my 37th week…I'm at my halfway mark and I'm feeling AH-MAZ-ING! I'm getting bigger and bigger each week and since I don't want to be gigantic when I deliver these two precious girls, I've been trying to eat somewhat healthy. Last night I even found a recipe on pinterest for a low-fat shrimp alfredo pasta bake and it was SO good! I even made the alfredo sauce from scratch!!! That's right, let me say it again…I made it from scratch! I'm not going to lie, I did buy a jar of light alfredo sauce in case mine didn't turn out, but it did and I was so proud of myself!

My cravings are still all over the place. I'm still eating chili at least once a day and every now and then I have a craving for a pack of skittles. My new craving is Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, random I know, but I've been eating a bowl every morning :) I even had to buy the 2 pack at Costco because I go through it pretty quickly.

The babies are now about the size of a sweet potato and even though The Bump app says they should weigh about 6.5 oz, at my last doc appointment a week and a half ago both babies weighed that or more! Baby A was 6.5 oz. and Baby B was 7 oz.! So now I'm sure combined they are close to a pound (makes me feel better when I get on the scale knowing there are 2 babies growing inside me!). Even though I'm way behind on my weight gain, I have now officially passed my pre-pregnancy weight! The doctor told me he wants me to gain 40 pounds…yes FORTY! As in 4.0.! YIKES! That's a lot! I'm not looking forward to stepping on the scale if I hit that number, but if it means my babies are healthy…I'll do what I gotta do!


No comments:

Post a Comment