Monday, January 11, 2016

1/2 Marathon

About six months ago some of my friends casually brought up wanting to run a half marathon. Somehow that actually happened and all of us signed up and the training began! I was running 2-3 days a week and feeling really good! Most of my "low" days running 3-4 miles I was pushing the double jogger with the twins so whenever I would run my "high" days I felt lighter and more energized. I was doing amazing training every week...and then Christmas came! The past few weeks I haven't worked out once and as the day approached, I grew more and more anxious for the 13.1 miles! 

When our race day came - I felt more mentally prepared than physically prepared for sure! I know my body can do anything I put my mind to and I just figured I would go at my own pace and not push myself to finish within a certain time frame. 

Up bright and early with the girls!


Loved our bright yellow shirts! We sure did stand out :)


It was supposed to rain the day of our race - but we lucked out! The showers held off the entire run!


Jonathan and Jayden came out to cheer us on! Loved receiving their cheers, support and love! <3
I had to stop for a quick pic ~ one of my favorite moments was hearing them cheer for me!!


So did a few other friends & for that we are extremely grateful!! :)

Finally the finish line! Seeing the 13 mile marker never felt so good! 
We did it! 


Love these girls and so excited we finished what we started!
On to the next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment