Monday, May 1, 2017

Some of our new favorite things!

I was reading back over my blog and I found a fun post I did last year about some of my favorite things the girls say or do -- so I thought since the girls have been growing so quickly and have so much to say now, I'd update on some of the fun new things happening around our house!

I love listening to the girls talk to each other. They have so much to say and can have almost full conversations with one another! Sometimes I have NO idea what Sophia or Savannah are trying to say, but somehow Jayden is able to translate! I'm still not sure if it's a lucky guess or she really does know what they are saying, but either way, it helps! When our "translator" isn't available, we can usually figure it out by having them show us what they want.

Some of my favorite words Sophia says:
Savannah - "Si-ya"
Milk - "Mot"
Ipad - "Hi-Pad"
Denisse - "Niece"
I love you - "I wahve you"

Sophia is easily putting together 2-3 word sentences and picking up on new words every day! It's amazing how far her vocabulary has come in just a few months!


I think her favorite color is either pink or red, since whenever we paint nails, she always wants one of those two colors!

Some of my favorite words Savannah says:
Savannah - "Sannah"
Sophia - "Sea-ya"
Jayden - "Dayden"
Water - "Otter"
Denisse - "Niece" 
I love you - "uhve you"

I could not be more proud of this little babe. We were a little worried about her speech and word count just a few months ago. I even spoke to a speech therapist about where she should be and whether or not we should be concerned. Since her birthday, she has grown leaps and bounds and she's just getting better and better each day!



I think Savannah's favorite is pink and green, since she always picks those two colors...usually pink on her toes and green on her fingers.

The girls are also growing more and more independent. Jayden LOVES to dress herself now. She picks out everything she's going to wear (which most of the time does not exactly match)...not quite sure if that's genetic, but my mom tells me I was the exact same way when I was her age :)
The twins are also wanting to do more and more things by themselves, like putting their shoes on and strapping themselves in the car.



We are also going to start potty training in the next few weeks -- which I'm sure will be an adventure in itself! To help get the girls excited, we brought out the princess potty and show it to them each day. Now all Sophia wants to do is sit on the princess potty and just hang out.

Recently, another new favorite thing of ours is "gardening". I have to put quotations marks around it because I am by no means good at gardening, but lately we've been making an attempt to grow more flowers and dig in the dirt. Now it's become almost a weekly thing for our girls to go to Linda's house, one of our friends who lives next door, and dig in her yard. She's so patient with them and let's them play as much and as long as they want in her front yard.




The girls also love reading and playing pretend. One of my favorites is when they take turns reading to each other or "playing school" as Jayden calls it.


No matter what we're doing, I just love when the girls play together and have fun. It makes my day! 










No comments:

Post a Comment