Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

I know it's been a few days since Thanksgiving, but I really wanted to blog about it since there is so much we are thankful for this year! We started our day with Jonathan's annual "Turkey Bowl" football game with his friends. They have been playing for years and it's fun to get all the guys together for a quick game! I'm sad I didn't get a pic this year :( Usually I'm really good about taking a few pictures...I'll blame it on the baby brain! 

After the game, we headed home to get ready for our thanksgiving feast. This year we were with my family so everyone met out at Mark's for our turkey dinner. Jayden looked ADORABLE in her new dress from one of our co-workers Debra! 


As always, we go around the table and share what we are thankful for. I know it sounds so typical, but after everything we made it through this year, I'm more thankful than ever for my cute little family and my health. Jonathan and I brought Jayden into this world and endured 38 long nights without her -- I don't know how I would have made it through that difficult time without his love, support and strength. And of course I'm so incredibly thankful for my daughter -- she never ceases to amaze me...like my mom says, she is small and mighty :) I can't wait to see what the future holds for her!

Saturday we got together for lunch with Jonathan's friends - it was funny to see 3 out of the original 4 best friends have baby girls! So instead of the table full of beer mugs, it was nearly full of high chairs! A look back over the past 10 years...


2004


2007


2009


2010


2011


2013

And to think Jonathan always teases me about taking pictures...I'm sure he's thankful now! :) Here's to many more fun times together!!

From our family to yours, we hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving <3

No comments:

Post a Comment