Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Domesticated Wifey & Mommy

So I don't really consider myself a "domesticated" wife and mommy…but lately I must admit I've been getting better at cooking and arts & crafts projects!

A few weeks ago one of my friends gave me a recipe for an orzo and roasted veggie dish ~ she said it was pretty easy to make, so I decided to give it a go! I made it for a family game night and my whole family agreed it was delicious! :) They were very impressed that I made it!! Since then, I've probably made it about 5 times (poor Jonathan is tired of the dish already! LOL)…the first time it took me about an hour and a half to make, but the last time it only took me about 30 min! And I memorized the recipe!


Chopping the veggies…don't mind the bundt cakes in the corner…I was having a snack while cooking :)



Meanwhile…while I was cooking away in the kitchen, Sophia and Savannah were taking a snooze!



So I've only tried that one dish so far, BUT I definitely gained confidence in the kitchen, so I just might be ready to try another recipe! 
And…not only is my cooking getting better, but I also started decorating letters for Sophia and Savannah's name in their room and I'm thrilled with how they turned out! I bought the letters at Hobby Lobby and I decided to use pink flowers to accent them! They are perfect and will look amazing in the nursery! Now I just need to put them on the wall :)


I really hope we can finish the nursery this weekend. My goal was last weekend, but that came and went…so hopefully we'll find the time Friday or Saturday.

Being a mommy of twins is pretty tiring at times, but I must admit my multi-tasking skills have definitely improved! I'm getting pretty good at feeding the girls (at the same time) and working, texting, checking emails and taking selfies :)



And I'm sure many more multi-tasking skills will come in time :)

PS. I love my life <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment