Thursday, June 11, 2015

Terrible Twos

As much as it pains me to say, Jayden is officially in her terrible twos :(
I was hoping we would make it through the year with hardly any tantrums, but I was wrong. The last week or so she's been a little firecracker & completely unpredictable. Sometimes she's our little angel, and other times not so much.

At bible study the other night, I was talking to some of my friends and they said their hardest year so far was 2 1/2 - 3 1/2…and we are about to reach 2 1/2. Hopefully the next year isn't as difficult as they say. Jonathan and I are trying to be as patient with Jayden as possible ~ especially since now she's also teething! It is true what they say, the last molars are the worst! One of her molars popped through a few days ago and the others will be following shortly.

Luckily Jayden's vocabulary is growing every day, so it's getting easier and easier to talk to her…and her teacher at daycare, Ms. Kathleen, is working with her every day on sharing. Ms. Kathleen is an angel ~ I can't believe how sweet and caring she is! I love that she loves on our baby every week! And I'm happy to report, Jayden is officially completely off juice and only drinking milk and water! Jonathan didn't think we could cut her off cold turkey, but I just started telling her the juice was all gone and it only took her a day to get over her juice. She occasionally will ask for it now, but almost immediately corrects herself and asks for water or milk. I am one happy & proud mama!

Some of my favorite new words Jayden is saying:
Fire Truck - "Fower tuck"
Helicopter - "Copter"
Mail Truck - "Meal tuck"
Another one - "Ne one"
Ambulance - "Ambience"
Looking glasses - "looking gasses"
Motorcycle - "sea cycle"
Daddy's Music - "daddy's sisick"
Baseball shoes - "beball shoes"
Almost Home - "most home"

So if you can't tell most of my favorite words are cars & trucks…whenever we are in the car Jayden likes to look for trucks, motorcycles, bikes, planes or any other large moving vehicle. I tell her we need to put on our looking glasses so she holds her hands up to her eyes and pretends they are glasses LOL It's HILARIOUS!


Now I'll ask her to say "Ohh truck…where are you? Come Out! Looking for you" … it's took cute…she says "Are you? E out. Fee you." haha She's one smart girlie!


And she knows almost all her Disney Princesses:
Sleeping Beauty - "sleeping booey"
Snow White - "no white"
Cinderella - "Rella"
Belle - "Belle"
Tiana - "Tea-Neenah"
Elsa - "Sea-Sah"
Anna - "Nana"
Rapunzel - "Punzel"
Ariel - "Riel"


Jayden is also counting to ten! I'm so incredibly proud of her! Even though she sometimes forgets to say "three", she's doing awesome!

This was almost a month ago:

This was a week later:

We are also trying to teach her what the numbers mean, so we practice counting objects and read a lot of counting books. I don't think she quite understands yet, but she definitely understands "one more time" when she wants to sing another song before bed and "two" when she's asking for two cookies or two pieces of candy :)

Even though she's entering her terribles twos, I'm glad she's still sweet, loving and smart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment