Monday, June 22, 2015

Happy 3 Months Sophia & Savannah!

How can it already be June?! Where is the time going? I can't believe our girls are already 3 months (13 weeks)! They are getting so big it's unreal! They don't have their next check up for another month, so I had to put them on my scale to see how much they weighed…I know it's not the most accurate, but it gave me an idea of how big they are today :) Sophia weighs around 11 lbs 9 ounces and Savannah weighs around 11 lbs 6 ounces! I tried to measure their length, but they were so squirmy I couldn't get a good reading…so we'll have to wait for next month to see how long they are! I couldn't believe Sophia surpassed Savannah!

Since both the girls have thrush, I think it's taking a toll on their feedings. I read it can cause their mouth to be a little sore :( so their bottle feedings haven't been so easy the last few days. I've been sanitizing all the pacifiers each day and giving them their medication, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Since I'm out of town this next weekend, I'm hoping it will go away since the girls will only be eating with sanitized bottles.

The past few days the girls have been sleeping between 7-8 hours each night! It's really been great getting more sleep! They say "11" is the magic number - so once babies reach 11 lbs they are able to sleep longer! This is definitely true seeing my girls are now around 11 1/2 lbs!!

Both girls are still as smiley as can be and starting to "coo" more and more. I love when they talk to me, it makes my heart smile <3 They are also both getting so strong! Sophia has been great during tummy time since day one…she can hold her head up no problem! Savannah took her time working on lifting her head. When she would be in tummy time, she would just lay down and go to sleep half the time! I really started working with her about a month ago on strengthening her neck muscles. We do different exercises each day and I'm happy to report she is doing AMAZING!


Both girls still sleep quite a bit, but when they are up they are super happy! It's amazing how much they are changing! They both are filling out beautifully and growing so fast!
I also noticed yesterday that Sophia's starting to lose her hair! I can't believe how much is falling out! It will be interesting to see if her hair stays the same or completely changes!! 

Yesterday in the Father's Day message at church, one thing the new pastor said that really spoke to me was that the days are long but the years are short…and wow I could not agree more! Sometimes the days seem to go so slowly…but I can't believe our twins are 3 months and Jayden is almost 2 1/2! 
Jonathan and I are definitely going to make the most of our time with our girls and cherish our days, weeks, months and years! 


Happy 3 months Sophia & Savannah! 
Mommy & Daddy love you so very much!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment