Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday Month

I can't even believe it's already February! How did the past year go by so incredibly fast?! I'm sure it doesn't help that we have been busy every.single.weekend. since the beginning of the year...I have myself to thank for that :)

Anywhoo --- I'm so excited for Jayden's party! It's going to be so much fun! I've been shopping for all the decorations and when I found the cutest invitations online, I decided to try making them myself...and I think they came out pretty good if you ask me :)


Of course, I didn't realize until after I was done making about 40 of them that I wouldn't be able to mail them out because the candle would fall off :( So I had to HAND DELIVER almost all of them! And for those that I had to mail (sorry Lexi ~ I'm not driving across the country to hand deliver your invite)...I had to improvise. Instead of gluing a candle on, I used shimmery ribbon, which ended up looking more like a 1 than a candle...but it worked.

I'm also really excited about the CUTEST bloomers I found online ~ I don't know if I'm going to have Jayden wear them at the party or maybe just for her 1 year pics...but how cute are they? I'm so excited! :)



I also decided I want to try and make my own personalized sugar cookies for the party favors! I found a DIY blog that explains how to make them ~ I know I should probably just pay the $2.00/cookie for a professional to make them for me, but where's the fun in that?! 

Wish me luck because it probably won't be as easy as I'm hoping! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment