Friday, August 21, 2015

2 1/2

Today we had Jayden's 2 1/2 year appointment! Even though it was by far the most challenging appointment so far as Jayden didn't want the doctor or nurse to touch her, I'm so proud of the progress she has made and the milestones she has surpassed! Today Jayden was 23 lbs 3 oz and about 33 inches. Since she was not cooperative when we were trying to measure her height, I'm sure it was off by an inch or so. We also had to complete a questionnaire and she was "above average" in all areas! I am one proud mama and couldn't be more thrilled with how she is exceeding all age 2 milestones!! :)

I still can't believe we have a toddler and while this stage so far has been challenging at times, overall it has been so incredibly amazing! I love hearing the funny things Jayden says and the way she repeats everything! It seems like just yesterday we were counting the words she could say, now I would have no way of even trying to keep track of the things that she says! I love listening to her form sentences and explore the world in her own way! She can say 4-5 word sentences…and sometimes she strings two sentences together when she's trying to communicate. Jayden also knows all of her body parts, all her colors and can count up to 14! She is also the most particular little 2 year old I've ever met! She is obsessed with her purple flower dress - she usually wears it about 3-4x a week and the only time she isn't wearing it is when it's in the washer. 

Jayden showing off her dress and her favorite socks :)


She loves singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Humpty Dumpty, Old MacDonald & Itsy Bitsy Spider, but her new favorite song is "Happy Birthday"! The other day we had to sing "Happy Birthday" to everyone in our family! It's going to be fun at her next birthday when we are singing to her :)


It would be so amazing if Jayden could change the baby's diapers and not just Cinderella's diaper :)


A few weeks ago my mom found my favorite toy when I was little - it was my little Lambie! I literally took this poor little lamb every where I went. When I was about two years old, I lost her at a church event so my mom had to make me a new one! 
Well when my mom brought her over, I was so excited to share her with Jayden! Not only did I share her, but when I looked in my photo albums from when I was little I found a TON of pictures of me holding lambie! So of course I couldn't help myself…I had to try & recreate the picture with Jayden :)


Love that she got her crazy curly-top hair from me <3


I never get enough cuddle time :)
By far one of my favorite things in the world is cuddling with our girls!


And I know it's one of daddy's favorites also!


We feel so incredibly blessed to be this little love bug's mommy & daddy! And we can't wait to see her big bright beautiful future! 
We love you Jayden!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment