Sunday, August 2, 2015

Being a Mom of Multiples

I can't even begin to tell you how many people say to me "I've always wanted twins" or "I hope I have twins one day"…family, friends, even random strangers!

So for those who think about having twins, want twins or even wished you had twins…when Jayden is at Ms. Kathleen's, this is a day in the life of having our 4 month old twin girls.

Wake up around 6:00 to a squirmy, hungry babe…


Good morning Sophia!


Love this little lady <3


After feeding, burping, a little bit of love and a new diaper…on to the next babe!


Good morning Savannah!


After feeding, burping, a little bit of love and a new diaper…back to sleep! zzzzzz
I love how Savannah falls asleep on her binkie!


In a perfect world, I'd be able to take a long, hot, steaming (quiet) shower…but since I have twins (& there's a massive drought), it's more like a quick, semi-hot (thanks for taking all the hot water Jonathan) shower with the girls in the bouncer seat and swing. Half the time I find that I forgot to rinse my back because I have to hop out to help the girls if one is getting fussy!

Then off to feed, burp & change the babies again. We then get to PLAY :) 
tummy time, play time on the mat and reading time! :)


Awwww…Sophia wanted to hold Savannah's hand during reading time!
Just a few of our favorite books :)



Sophia & Savannah practicing sitting up!
They get stronger and stronger each day!!


After feeding, burping and changing again, it's off for a long nap (if I'm lucky)!


Again in the perfect world, I would take a nap with the babies…but instead I always find myself either doing laundry, dishes or working.

Yes this is really what our dishwasher looks like (almost on a daily basis!)


I love how with all the bottles there are two champagne glasses…yes, Jonathan and I love to relax at the end of the day and enjoy a nice glass of champagne while we unwind :)

Once the girls are up in the afternoon - it's usually feeding time…so yes ~ feed, burp & and new diaper again for both Sophia & Savannah…usually by this time I've gone through 6-8 diapers, 2-4 burp cloths and on special occasions when there are blowouts involved, 1-2 new outfits for the girls!

Our afternoons are usually split - we like to go for walks (if it's not too hot), give the girls a bath, run errands and of course play, read and do more tummy time.



Such superstars!


Over she goes!


Bath time when Jayden gets home!
Jayden on one side playing :)


Sophia finishing up...


and Savannah waiting patiently for her turn :)


Around 7:00 is when we start warming up bottles to feed the girls their last feeding. I've been trying to move their  "dinner" up since no matter what time they go to sleep they always wake up at 6:00ish…so we try to put the girls to bed around 7:30/8. 



When we put the girls down, we are so lucky they are good sleepers and they are down for the night!
This means Jonathan and I usually get a few hours of quiet time to ourselves, so we break out the champagne or wine glasses and enjoy a glass (or two)!

Then off to sleep to start it all over again in the morning <3

When Jayden is home all day with me and the twins ~ it's quite a full day we have. I try to keep a good routine/schedule so that she doesn't get bored and I stay sane with 3 kids 2 and under. To all the moms of triples, quads, etc…props to you! Being Super M.o.M. is a ton of work yet the most rewarding job in the world! We got this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment