Thursday, March 14, 2013

One Month

Day 26 ~ We are quickly approaching one month...one month since Jayden was born and one month I've spent everyday in the hospital. My sister said we should have been counting the number of diapers we have gone through so far and the number of breast milk tubes I have used LOL...I'm probably averaging 28-30 tubes per day x 26 days = 728 - 780 tubes!! Dang! I should have purchased stock in that company!!

Yesterday my sweet pea didn't gain any weight :-( so she's still 3 lbs. 10.5 ounces...so we are just hoping she rests today and gains another ounce. The doctor increased her feeds from 31 CCs to 33 CCs to help her gain weight and also because she still looks hungry even after she finishes a bottle.

It's amazing how much she has changed in one short month! Everyday I notice something different about her! Today I noticed her cheeks are definitely filling out and her eyes seem to be able to focus a little better! The doctor said the reason her eyes were twitching before is because she was trying to focus and since she can only see about 8 inches in front if her, everything is a little blurry. I also think her hair has lightened in the past week...so it's a lighter brown now.

And as always I asked the nursing staff what her estimated date is for going home...and since the nurses don't like to give false hope, they told me my original due date :-( that would mean we have another month in here.........blah.........I'm still crossing my fingers it's only another 2 weeks (max).

Jayden getting weighed ... 3 lbs. 10.5 oz.


Wide awake in the morning...waiting to snuggle with mommy :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment