Sunday, March 17, 2013

What another incredible weekend we had!! For starters, one of our new friends we met in the NICU was discharged today! I was so excited for her I almost started to cry (I think I cry at everything these days!!) I can't wait to hear those sweet words "you're going home today!"...I'll probably cry then too! I've been telling Jayden that will be us soon and we will get to bring her home.

Yesterday was another day I only spent about 4 hours with our little one as we were celebrating her early arrival with her daddy's side of the fam and lots of friends :)  My lovely friend Crystal offered to host a shower for me about 2 months ago and who would have guessed when we planned it, it would just so happen to be on Jayden's one month birthday?!?!  So we celebrated her all afternoon...I like to think of it as her shower/one month birthday party (which unfortunately she was unable to attend lol). The celebration was amazing and I couldn't be more blessed to have such amazing friends and family! Special thanks to Crystal for doing such an amazing job...especially while you were sick! And thanks to the amazing men in our family for showing up bright and early to help set up and come back (after playing golf all afternoon...Jonathan has the sun burn to prove it haha) to help clean up!

One of my favorite parts of the shower was we had an activity called "Wishes for Jayden" and the last part was writing down a favorite Bible verse to share with Jayden. I wanted to share one of my favorite verses written down by a dear friend of mine, which happens to be a verse I'm having framed in Jayden's room.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
~ I love this verse and it just so happens Jonathan wrote this on a card he sent me with a bouquet of roses while we were dating! I still have the card in my keepsake box <3 what an amazing man I married!!

Today I could definitely tell being at the hospital all day everyday is taking a toll on my body. My back is quite sore from sitting in the uncomfortable chairs for hours on end and I was overly tired. So after sleeping in an extra hour I headed up to CHOC around 10. The amazing news was that our little Jayden had gained 50 grams (almost a full TWO OUNCES!) and she is officially eating half her feeds by bottle and the nurse is going to request they try to bump her to 3 out of 4 feedings by bottle per shift! She continues to amaze us each and every day!!!



Some of Jayden's stuffed animals in her new swing! Reminds me of Toy Story ... Her toys are waiting for her to come home! 


Dressed in green for St. Patty's Day :-)


So peaceful ~ must be because she knows how much she is loved <3

No comments:

Post a Comment