Monday, March 11, 2013

Room 210!!

I know it's been a few days since my last post...so I have a ton of catching up to do!

3 days ago (March 8th) was the first day in 2 weeks baby Jayden didn't gain any weight :-( I think it was because we tried bottle feeding her during all her feeds (her nurse that day was a new NICU nurse and I don't think she knew exactly what she was doing...). Crazy how just being awake and trying to eat makes her overly tired! So the next day Jonathan and I decided to let her rest and she gained a full ounce!! Yay! So that was exciting and we were super excited about her weight gain! 

As of yesterday she was up to 3 lb 8 ounces! Yesterday was also the first day since I was released from Hoag that I was here with her for less than 7 hours! I woke up super early in the morning to get here first thing because my baby shower was at noon. So I spent about two hours here in the morning and I was back here around 6 pm to feed her (which she took all 31 CCs through her bottle in about 20 min!!)  In the morning the nurse told me she was also being moved to room 210!!!!!!! Which I know probably means nothing to anyone reading this, but 210 is the room where they put the babies that only need to learn to eat. Once Jayden is fully eating from a bottle for 2-3 days she will be released and we can take her home!!!!! As of now the doctors are expecting her to be fully eating in about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks! So we are hoping the end of March she will be home with mommy and daddy!!!! Wahoo! 


Yesterday was also my first baby shower -- it was a little weird having a shower when you're no longer pregnant! At first I thought about canceling my showers but my family said I should keep them so I could see my friends and family and spend some time with them. I'm glad I did and I had a blast seeing everyone!! Not to mention my shower was AMAZING! Thanks to my mom for letting us use your house! I know you spent a ton of time and energy into getting the house ready for 25 guests! Thanks to my amazing Gramz for helping prepare the awesome food (especially after having surgery earlier this week on both your eyes! What an amazing Gramz!!!) and thanks to my big sis Bre! I know you spent hours prepping for the shower, putting together the decorations, baking mini cakes (one for each guest!) and designing a scrapbook so everyone could see Jayden's progress :-) thank you thank you thank you for being an amazing big sis!! I'm so lucky to have you in my life! And thanks to those who came early to help set up and stayed super late to help clean up! I'm so blessed to have amazing friends and family!!

Today was also an amazing day for baby Jayden!! She took her 3:00 and her 6:00 feeding through her bottle!! This is huge as she was only taking one full bottle and maybe one half bottle in a 24 hour time period. Today was the first time she took two bottles back-to-back!! WHAT A CHAMP!! I'm so proud and can't wait until she is home with me and her daddy! That means we should probably try and finish the nursery!! Luckily I'm planning on having her sleep right next to me in her little cradle...even though Jonathan says she's sleeping on his side...or so he thinks :-) lol




No comments:

Post a Comment