Saturday, December 20, 2014

23 down...14 to go

I'm now 23 weeks pregnant and in my 6th month! I'm feeling as big as an elephant and I've been sore and super uncomfortable the last few days! With 14 weeks left, I'm dreading how enormous I'm going to get! If I'm uncomfortable now, it's not going to be fun when I'm 37 weeks!

So far I've gained 13 lbs. and have an "outtie" belly button. I know I'm officially bigger than I was when I delivered Jayden because I never had an outtie belly button when I was pregnant with her. It's true what they say, each pregnancy is different! I also don't have a "linea negra" like I did when I was preggers with Jayden…but it could show up anytime! With two babies in my belly I feel like I'm running out of "womb" already! I can already tell my lungs are getting compressed because it's tougher to breathe and sometimes just doing simple tasks I easily lose my breath. The babies are also moving around all of the time! Mostly they are either kicking my ribs or bouncing on my bladder! Neither of which are fun! It's also getting more uncomfortable when they rotate or do summersaults. Now that they are also getting bigger and rotating more often I'm starting to notice when my belly is lopsided! 

At 23 weeks, the babes are both over a pound (probably close to 1 lbs. 2 oz.) and almost a foot long! I also read that in the next few weeks they will double in weight! They can also hear noises outside my belly…so they can hear me talking all day and lately they can hear me singing along to the Frozen soundtrack (poor babies!). Jayden's new favorite movie is Frozen, so we've been watching it every day! Most of the time it's only on in the background, but I find myself singing along to all the songs! :) 

Since I'm not supposed to be carrying Jayden around she's been getting better about walking most places on her own. I'm also been working on her climbing up into the car…since she's still so tiny it's difficult, but she'll get there :) While she's definitely still a daddy's girl, I think she misses me carrying her <3

No comments:

Post a Comment