Saturday, December 27, 2014

Twenty Four Weeks

I'm 24 weeks now and getting bigger and bigger every day! I had my last doctor appointment a few days ago and the babes are both growing perfectly! They both weigh about a pound and a half and are measuring a few days big. Baby A is measuring 4 days big and Baby B is measuring 2 days big! My blood pressure looked perfect and so far I've gained 14 pounds…although that was before Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas dinner so I'm sure I've gained 5 lbs in the last 2 days! I'm mostly in maternity clothes although I find things that fit me here and there that are pre-pregnancy :)

During my ultrasound it was amazing to see how much the babies are moving around. Baby A is still head down and while Baby B is completely rotated and is now breach…so she is the one that has been kicking my bladder :)

Overall I'm still feeling pretty well. I've had some heavy pressure on my hips and pelvic bone the past week (mostly at night) so the doc said I need to take it super easy in the afternoon and evenings and rest as much as possible…and by rest, he meant rest horizontally. He didn't "officially" put me on bed rest in the afternoons, but he did stress how important it is to keep pressure off my hips and pelvic bone in the afternoon as much as possible. He also said to keep going for walks in the morning for exercise but nothing too strenuous. 

Also, I found out that starting at 30 weeks I'll be going to the doctor 2x a week! The doc needs to monitor me for contractions a few weeks into my 3rd trimester…it's hard to believe I'll be in my 3rd trimester in 2 short weeks!

This pregnancy is so much different than my first…but I'm in good hands and know that these babes are going to come out happy and healthy :) I can't believe the girls will be here before we know it! <3


How far along: 24 weeks!
Total weight gain: 14 lbs total
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: I'm getting pretty uncomfortable and still getting up every night to go to the bathroom 
Best moment of this week: Spending Christmas with family & friends!! Watching Jayden open her presents <3
Miss anything: Champagne (mostly because people were drinking it all week during the holiday!)
Movement: ALL OF THE TIME! You can see the movement from outside my belly now :)
Food cravings: No new cravings…and I'm really not craving chili anymore.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Belly button in or out: The top half of my belly button is out, bottom half is now starting to finally creep on out- I find it so amusing!
Wedding rings on or off: On :)
Happy or moody: So happy!! 
Looking forward to: Clearing out the upstairs office to move Jayden into the middle bedroom! It's going to be a huge project and Jonathan said he wanted to start this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment