Sunday, February 24, 2013

Baby Steps

Baby Jayden is a week old today and she is making amazing progress! She is completely off  all breathing tubes and only has a feeding tube and monitors measuring her heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen levels and temperature. She is also off the billi lights and her skin is finally lightening and doesn't look so red. The nurse said we are making progress but everything just takes a long time and we are taking baby steps.

I can't believe how much baby Jayden looks like me!! :-D She even has my curls (which Jonathan is a little nervous about!) I can't wait to see him brush her hair when she is older LOL!!

She is so beautiful... I'm so in love with her and I miss her so much when we have to leave the hospital. Yesterday our nurse said there is a possibility Jayden might be transferred back to Hoag. We are hoping she stays here at CHOC as we have become really close to the nurses that take care of her. All the nurses that take care of Jayden request to have her on all their shifts! How cool is that?

Hopefully our little Jayden can stay here until she is ready to go home...and hopefully that is soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment