Thursday, February 28, 2013

One of a Kind

Today is day 12 in the NICU and Jayden is still making amazing progress. She is definitely a little fighter and all day I've been thinking about how incredibly lucky we are. Looking back over the past few years and the past few months, everything has prepared me to be Jayden's mommy. Thank God the past few years I've been working from home because I can't even imagine if I had to worry about going back to work in an office and I couldn't be here with her! So many babies in the NICU don't have their mommies and daddies here with them...instead they have volunteers referred to as "cuddlers" that go from bed to bed holding babies that don't get out of their isolette or their crib because no one is here to hold them :-(

Our neighbor baby had a cuddler today that was singing to her. It made me cry because this elderly man who had no relationship with this baby sat and held her for over an hour and gave of himself to help this darling baby feel loved. He told the nurse he was singing his best songs to her because her mommy and daddy couldn't be here. How amazing is that? 

Yesterday was the first day we were able to dress our little darling in preemie clothes...even the xs preemie was too big! But she still looked adorable!! I can't wait to get some cute bows on her :-) thanks so much to all our friends and family that gave her preemie outfits!! She looks absolutely adorable!





No comments:

Post a Comment