Monday, February 25, 2013

Husband/Daddy of the Year

As I lay here next to my husband at 2:30 am in the morning, I can't sleep. Ironic I just received an email titled "Insomnia" from What to Expect When You're Expecting...obviously this applies postpartum as well.

For those that know my hubby, Jonathan is definitely a creature of habit!! He loves his routine and he loves structure. In the past two weeks, his world has completely flipped upside down and literally everything has changed. Two weeks ago, my amazing husband started a new career (congrats babe...we still need to celebrate!), three days later I was admitted to the hospital (and was going to be held hostage until delivery), two days later we welcomed our beautiful little miracle baby Jayden and the next four days he spent split between the labor & delivery unit at Hoag and the CHOC NICU. Now his days are in the office, his evenings are in the hospital and his nights are spent helping me around the house while I recover from my c-section. Talk about change!! And not once has he complained. He has been my rock every single day and my solid ground every single time I break down (which is a lot).

Jayden and I are the luckiest girls in the world and I am so proud of you Jonathan Scott Erickson!

XOXOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment