Monday, February 18, 2013

Our Little Miracle

Saturday, February 16th, 2013...Who knew it would be the day that changed our lives forever.

It started off like the previous 2 days at Hoag hospital...32 weeks pregnant and diagnosed with a disease called preeclampsia.  Little baby Jayden was doing awesome and I was feeling great.  I did not get much sleep the night before, but I took a nap with my husband from 3-5:30pm.  Our dinner had just arrived.  Jonathan had the chicken sandwich and macaroni and cheese and I ordered the filet mignon, which wasn't anything to write home about.  During dinner I had noticed a slight blur in my vision.  I let Jonathan know and he told me that it might be because we just woke up and to give it 5-10 minutes to see if it gets better.  About 15 minutes later I let the nurse know and within seconds three nurses swarmed my bed followed by Dr. Vasquez.  As you can imagine my heart rate and blood pressure immediately spiked up as I was wondering what was going on.  Dr. Vazquez explained that because I had blurred vision along with all the other symptoms (high blood pressure, protein in my urine, low platelet, etc.) that they might begin prepping me for a c-section birth.  They filled my IV with magnesium to try and counteract the symptoms.  From 7pm-9pm I laid in my hospital bed surrounded by friends and family waiting to find out if little Jayden was going to make her big debut tonight.

All the while, my mom was back in Arkansas with my little sister Lexi helping her because she had given birth earlier that morning to her beautiful daughter Brooklyn.  I was freaking out!  I didn't know what was going to happen. During this entire ordeal, Jonathan was my rock.  He comforted me, prayed with me and reassured me that everything was going to be all right.   He made me feel so comfortable that I knew everything was going to be great.  Around 9:30 they decided we were going to move forward with the emergency c-section and the prep began for surgery.

At 11:13 pm on Saturday, February 16th, 2013 I gave birth to the most beautiful little girl in the world!

Jayden Faith Erickson
2 lbs. 15 oz.
14.5 inches long


No comments:

Post a Comment