Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Plumping Up

Today is day 10 in the NICU and Jayden is making HUGE progress! She is off the IV and we will hopefully begin feeding by mouth in a few days!! I am so excited to watch her make little baby steps. I was here when they took the PICC line (IV) out of her...she cried just a little but of course she has the most adorable cry I have ever heard! I know people think I'm crazy, but I love hearing her cry. She also gained weight since yesterday! She's finally plumping up LOL... she surpassed her birth weight and is a full 3 pounds!! Again, I know it's baby steps but its better than her weight a week ago when she was at 2 lbs 9 ounces. Even though baby Jayden is in a very low percentile, I feel so incredibly blessed. Being in the NICU everyday, you see and hear about so many babies with medical problems and it just makes me so thankful she is making amazing progress.

Jonathan and I can't wait to take her home!! I think so many new parents take the smallest things for granted when they take their baby home. I can't wait for all those small moments!!  I can't wait until she wakes me up in the middle of the night to eat...it will be a million times better than the alarm waking me up now to pump!! I can't wait to rock her to sleep in a comfy rocker at home instead of the squeaky uncomfortable rocker at the hospital. I can't wait to watch her sleep in her cradle instead of watching her sleep in her isolette. Being a mommy is the most rewarding and exciting thing that has ever happened in my life and so far this journey has been quite scary at times but overall absolutely amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment