Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Promise Walk

For those of you who don't know, a few years back I decided to try something completely out of my comfort zone and run a half marathon for charity! YIKES!!! I trained by myself for three months and set a goal to run it under 2 1/2 hours. I was so proud when I crossed the finish line at 2 hours 15 minutes and 3 seconds :-)

Well after being diagnosed with preclampsia, my brother did some research and found out there is 1.3k and 2.6k walk in my very own hometown of Irvine, CA! Thank goodness it's no half marathon because that would require training and I'm not even fully healed from my c-section! The Promise Walk for Preclampsia is on May 18th at Bill Barber Park. I'm so excited and I'm already signed up :-) I named my team after my precious daughter Jayden Faith and would be so honored if you would walk with me or donate to help us reach our goal!!

Here's my team page:
http://www.promisewalk.org/pfpw/participantpage.asp?uid=8830&fundid=3064

And here's the link to read more about the foundation and the walk: 
http://promisewalk.org/pfpw/fundevent.asp?nnaffundid=7



No comments:

Post a Comment