Sunday, February 15, 2015

31 & So Beyond Uncomfortable

I am so beyond uncomfortable these days it's out of control…this belly of mine is getting so big and heavy that sleep is almost impossible and finding a comfortable position while sitting is unheard of. The most comfortable position I can find is sitting down with a pillow on my lap and under my belly for support. 

To make matters worse, I'm getting a rash that is taking over my belly and crawling up the inside of my arms. I had a rash on my arms a few weeks ago, but it seems to have returned with a vengeance and is super itchy! Tuesday I'm going to ask my doc what he thinks it could be and I'm praying it's just a rash from the creams and oils I've been using to prevent stretch marks…although, there's a possibility it might be PUPPS (pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy). One of my friends had it during her pregnancy and she said it is miserable…so I'm reallllllly hoping it's just from my creams/oils. 


On top of that...Jayden got me sick this past week with a nasty cough AND I strained a muscle in my belly! So now whenever I cough, sneeze, blow my nose, laugh, etc., it's SO painful! It was so bad the other night it woke me up at 4 AM and I thought I was going into labor! 3 days later and I'm just now (somewhat) getting over my cold and I'm still in pain whenever I cough :(

I swear I cannot catch a break with this pregnancy…it's by far been the most difficult 31 weeks of my life and I still have another 6 weeks to go! 

Things I have difficulty doing:
Standing / Walking for long periods of time
Carrying Jayden :(
SLEEPING
Bending over to clean or pick up the house
Getting dressed…not only is it hard to find clothes that fit, but putting on pants, socks, shoes, etc. is difficult in itself
Giving Jayden a bath 
Did I mention Sleeping?...
Putting Jayden in her crib or in a pack-n-play…this belly is too big to be reaching over the side!
Cleaning…not gonna lie…I don't really mind not cleaning and I'm really enjoying the fact Jonathan is doing more and more around the house :) He even offered to do ALL of the laundry! I just about died when that came out of his mouth :)
Laying on my back - which is nearly impossible these days…I've nearly fainted a few times even laying at a 45 degree angle!
Oh and sleeping! Thought I might mention it one last time…it is the most difficult thing for me right now which is probably why I'm up at 11:45 pm blogging instead of catching some ZZZZ's!


How far along: 31 Weeks

Total weight gain: 27 pounds

Stretch marks: Still none…but this rash is taking over my tummy!

Sleep: HA! Sleep…who needs sleep anyways...

Best moment this week: Spending some quality time with my cute little fam, my sis, my niece and my mom in Palm Desert :)

Miss anything: Being comfortable, whether it's sitting, standing, laying down…I really miss just being comfortable.

Movement: Not only do I feel the babes moving all of the time, but these braxton hicks are really starting to get stronger by the day!

Food cravings: I don't think I really noticed it before, but a nice hot cup of coffee…I've really been craving a venti skinny (decaf) caramel macchiato extra hot :) … and it's going to be great when I can delete the "decaf" portion of that order!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)

Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: Off

Happy or moody: This week I was a little moody…between catching Jayden's cold, this rash breaking out on my belly & arms and feeling like I haven't slept in decades…I probably haven't been my normal happy self :(

Looking forward to: Celebrating Jayden's birthday tomorrow…still can't believe my little angel is turning 2 tomorrow (tear, tear)!

No comments:

Post a Comment