Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bed rest & such

Lately I've been googling things to do while on bed rest…and there are quite a few options out there for mamas who can't leave their bed or sofa. So far I've worked most of the time, but I've definitely watched my fair share of TV, movies and I'm trying to read more. I'm going to start reading Purpose Driven Life in addition to my book club Five Love Languages for Children.

Since being put on bed rest, I've watched quite a few movies…so far I've finished:
The Goonies
The Sandlot
The Bodyguard
Inception
The Social Network
Zero Dark Thirty
Titanic
Left Behind

I'm sure I'll be adding quite a few movies each week I'm on bed rest!


As hard as it is to be laying down all day and give up my day-to-day activities, I know it will all be worth it when these sweet girls make their big debut. Every day they are growing inside me is another day they don't have to be in the NICU…so I'm trying my best to enjoy and treasure this time…especially the quiet time! I know that once they are here, our house will be a little crazy and chaotic, so sometimes I just lay on the sofa and enjoy silence.
Plus I only have 33 more days! I'm so beyond excited to meet these girls ~ sometimes in the middle of the night when I can't sleep I imagine what they will look like…if they will have my skin color and Jonathan's eyes or my hair and Jonathan's chin :)
I have two tiny miracles growing in my belly and even though this pregnancy is physically and mentally one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, I know without a doubt my babies are worth it!!


Since I can't take care of Jayden while I'm laying down 90% of the day, I'm really missing my sweet girl each day. 


I love cuddle time <3


Where's Jayden??!! 
One of her favorite games is hide-and-seek!! Sometimes she even plays by herself or with her baby dolls! 
One morning, before I was put on bed rest, I was getting ready and I left my bedroom door open so Jayden could play in the loft area. After a minute or so I couldn't hear her, so I went to look and see where she was and I couldn't find Jayden anywhere! She wasn't in her new room, she wasn't in the nursery, she wasn't in the bathroom…so finally I went and looked in the little space behind the sofa, and there she was covering her eyes!! What a little stinker! 

I can't believe how big she is getting and how her vocabulary is growing each day! Right now some of my new favorite words to hear her say are:

Pizza - "zeezah"
Dirty - "duryee"
Dirt - "durrt"
Silly - "siyee"
Elsa - "seesah"
Ana - "nana"
House - "souse"
Outside - "owsyee"
Glasses - "sasses"
Trucks - "tucks"
Shirt - "shurt" ~ sometimes it even sounds like a naughty word LOL
Ducks - "duks"
Bus - "buhs"

Jayden's 2 year appointment is next week so I'm excited to see what the doc says about her progress, and I can't wait to see how tall she is and how much she officially weighs! I couldn't be more proud of my little peanut! 


No comments:

Post a Comment