Thursday, February 19, 2015

32 weeks and on bed rest

That's right, this week I was officially put on full bed rest :(

I went in for my NST on Tuesday afternoon and even though the babies look perfect, my blood pressure was a little high (135/97). So my doctor ordered some blood tests and a 24 hour urine test to check my organs and see how they are functioning. He also told me he wants me laying down 90-95% of the day :(

Today is my 2nd full day on bed rest and I'm bored out of my mind. I've already caught up on all my shows, read this week's chapter for my book club and finished quite a few sudoku puzzles. I've been checking my blood pressure a few times each day and it has come down…so I'm hoping my blood work comes back normal and since my blood pressure has come down to around 130/85 my doc will allow me to resume normal (or at least partial) activities.

Tomorrow I'm 32 weeks! I never made it this far when I was pregnant with Jayden…so I'm happy to be at 32 and I'm hoping to keep these girls in for a few more weeks! As of today, I have 40 more days until my scheduled c-section! These girls are going to be here before we know it!




How far along: 32 Weeks

Total weight gain: 26 pounds…I actually lost weight in the last 2 weeks…probably because I get full after 5 bites of any meal! I'm only eating because I know I need to eat, not because I'm hungry.

Stretch marks: None yet

Sleep: Since I've been on Benadryl for this pregnancy rash, it makes me drowsy so I've been sleeping a little better :)

Best moment this week: Jayden's birthday…even though her turning 2 was a little bitter sweet, we had such a fun day celebrating :)

Miss anything: My freedom! Bed rest is the worst!

Movement: My little karate babies like to kick up a storm, especially when we are at my appointments. The nurses and doctors always say they are show offs :)

Food cravings: Still my (decaf) coffee!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)

Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: Off

Happy or moody: This week was a bunch of mixed emotions ~ between Jayden's birthday and being put on bed rest, it was definitely a combo between happy and moody.

Looking forward to: My doc appointment tomorrow and crossing my fingers I get off bed rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment