Thursday, March 5, 2015

34 weeks and in the Hospital

Tomorrow I turn 34 weeks (yay!) and today I had my check up with the doctor. During my NST I started having consistent heavy contractions, so after my ultrasound my doc sent me the hospital for pre-term labor observation. My appointment was at 2:00 and I walked into labor & delivery at 3:00 and I've been laying here ever since.


Leave it to Jonathan for a funny selfie shot :)
I love that man!! <3


Since I've been here, I've had my first steroid shot to help develop the girls lungs just in case we deliver early and they have been giving me shots to ease the contractions and help stop the pre-term labor. Luckily all my lab work came back normal, so that's a good sign! My blood pressure has ranged from 120/88 to 157/94 and I still have protein in my urine, so I still have mild preeclampsia. I think the bed rest has helped as I haven't had too many other symptoms!

Now we are just playing the waiting game to see if we get to go home tonight or tomorrow. The doctor wants to see how my contractions respond to my second shot. Best case ~ I'll be home tonight around 9:00…worst case ~ I'll be home tomorrow after my second steroid shot if my contractions continue to subside.


Luckily I took my 34 week pic this morning before my doctor appointment…my mom was joking that it may be my last "weekly" progress pic. My doc said our goal at this point is 36 weeks…so only 2 more weeks and he might deliver me a week earlier than planned :)


How far along: 34 Weeks

Total weight gain: 30 pounds ~ I'm definitely gaining weight now! Even though I'm only 34 weeks, my belly is measuring 44!!! YIKES! That is a lot of belly!

Stretch marks: Still none and hoping they don't appear in the next few weeks.

Sleep: Still hit or miss…occasionally the unisom works and other times not so much :(

Best moment this week: Playing with Jayden the other night…we tossed the ball back and forth and played hide & go seek under the blanket before bed time :) I miss spending time with my little love bug so it was nice having some play time!

Miss anything: Being comfortable…I'm really looking forward to just being comfortable after these babies are out!

Movement: I don't think these babes ever sleep! Or maybe they tag-team! There's constant movement and constant kicking on my bladder since they are both still breech.

Food cravings: The past few days I've been craving girl scout cookies :)

Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been nauseous the past few nights and actually got sick two nights ago. That was the first time I got sick since my morning sickness subsided back around 17 weeks.

Belly button in or out: Out

Wedding rings on or off: Off

Happy or moody: I've actually been in a really good mood this week despite how uncomfortable I've been. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact I had a ton of visitors at home and so many friends and family bringing us meals and loving on us! So far we've had about 10-15 meals dropped off, along with about 8-10 visitors! I'm definitely feeling loved and so incredibly blessed with an amazing support system!!

Looking forward to: Going home (hopefully tonight) and finishing off this bed rest on my sofa and not in the hospital! 

No comments:

Post a Comment