Thursday, March 26, 2015

Home with our Girls

Yesterday we were discharged from the hospital and it's never felt so good to be home! My doctor told us Tuesday afternoon as long as Sophia and Savannah did well overnight and I felt well enough to go home, he would release us in the morning! So Wednesday morning, we were homeward bound!

Packing up to leave was so exciting ~ I couldn't believe we were already headed home only 3 short days after delivering our sweet angels! After we were done organizing & packing everything, I dressed the girls in their cute "going home" outfits from their Auntie Lexi! Even though Sophia and Savannah were swimming in them, they were PERFECT and helped our visitors know who was who for the day :)



Ready to go!!


As we were leaving, all of the volunteer helpers wanted to wheel us down and help us leave so they could see the twins…they even offered to take our picture as we were leaving our room!
Before I knew it, they all had their phones out taking pictures of us and our girls! It was too funny!


Daddy leading the way!


As we were waiting for Jonathan to pull around the car, every single person that walked by had to come and see the girls! And when I say every single person, I mean every single person! I couldn't believe how many people wanted to peek in and EVERYONE thought they were identical! Even though they look similar, I'm glad Jonathan and I can tell them apart easily :)

As soon as Jayden got home, the first thing she wanted to do was help and see the babies! When I asked her where her baby doll was, she pointed to Savannah ~ it was too cute! 
She wanted to feed the babies, help change their diapers, throw away their diapers and point to their eyes, hands, nose, ears, hats, shirts and pretty much everything :)


We have a big girl helper on our hands :)

It's too cute ~ when I asked Jayden to say the girls names…she did pretty well. I can't wait to see what nicknames she comes up with! 

Savannah = Nana or Vannah
Sophia = Phia

Sleeping in their co-sleeper the first night! 
I was surprised that they don't wake each other up…if one started to fuss because she's hungry or has a dirty diaper, the other sleeps right through! I was amazed!


We are so in love and enjoying every moment! Even though we are exhausted, luckily the girls are on the same eating/sleeping schedule so far, so we have been able to nap when they nap :) 

After the first full day home, I'd say we have a pretty awesome routine. I'm even able to get the girls nursing and situated all by myself…Jonathan was pretty impressed! I guess he thought I would need his help a little more ~ it's not my first rodeo :)

But seriously, without even asking he was back helping with laundry, dishes, clean up and everything. The doc said I need to take it super easy the next few weeks ~ so Jonathan has been on it :)
Us Erickson girls are so lucky! 

I love our life and our party of 5 now :) It's so amazing and we're soaking it all in every second of the day!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment