Thursday, March 19, 2015

36 Weeks and Hanging by a Thread

So tomorrow I'm 36 weeks and officially 9 months pregnant!!! I'm 9 months pregnant with twins! I think I need to say it one more time…I, Renee, am NINE MONTHS PREGNANT WITH TWINS! AWWWWW!! I made it to 9 months :) Even though I've never been so sleep deprived and so uncomfortable in my life, I'm so, so, so, so proud of myself!

I can't believe how incredibly different this pregnancy has been from my first. I told Jonathan last night it's amazing that Jayden came out so unexpectedly at 31 weeks and these girls are going to hang out in my belly until the very last day!

Wednesday night I ran out of procardia, the medication that helps with the contractions, so I went back into preterm labor again yesterday. I called the doc around 9 am and he called in a prescription for more meds to help keep the babes in a little longer. He said he wanted to evaluate me at my next appointment (which was today) and we would make a decision on how to move forward.

This afternoon during my NST I only had 3 contractions but they don't even seem to phase the girls! My ob told me my NST strips are "text book perfect" and would be ideal for medical classes…how awesome is that!!?? During my ultrasound he said the babies are still doing great! Baby A is still breech and weighing in around 5 1/2 lbs...her growth has slowed a bit but he said that's totally normal and she's still measuring 2 days big. Baby B is now weighing in around 6 1/2 lbs (clearly her growth hasn't slowed), and get this, she flipped and is now head down!! He said that rarely happens this late in pregnancy with twins because there is next to no room for the babies to move and flip! He said they are super babies and I'm a super mama for coming this far!! :) Because the girls are approximately a pound different and I've been having a ton of contractions, he said he may move my schedule c-section up to next FRIDAY!! I'll know for sure on Monday, but I'm really crossing my fingers there's room in the schedule because this mama would be so happy to move it up a few days! I can't wait to meet our girls! He also wants to keep me on procardia so I can try and make it another week…since I've made it this far, he wants to try and keep the babies out of the NICU, and I have to admit, as much as I feel ready, I can't argue with that!


Also, I want to send a huge special thank you to all of our family and friends ~ the outpour of love and support the past few weeks has been absolutely AMAZING!
The other day Jonathan showed up to work and all his co-workers in his department decorated his desk, brought cute baskets full of goodies for the girls and baked yummy red velvet brownies (although I'm surprised Jonathan didn't save any for his prego wifey!) LOL…I guess I can't complain since my boss ordered a dozen red velvet bundt cakes just for me the other day! :)




We have had countless friends and family call/email/text and check in to see how we're doing and so many delicious meals brought to us almost on a daily basis!! Even though I can't remember the last time we went to the store, our fridge and feezer are nearly fully stocked! We are so incredibly thankful for each and every one of you that have been so thoughtful, kind and loving ~ we truly are so blessed! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! <3

How far along: 36 Weeks! Whoop Whoop! 

Total weight gain: 29 lbs and I'm measuring 45 1/2 weeks pregnant! I also measured around my belly the other day and I'm measuring 43 1/2 inches around! WOWZERS! That's one big belly!

Stretch marks: Still none! Hopefully they hold out for one more week!

Sleep: Next to none ~ I just can't find a comfortable position for this huge belly! It's hard to believe I'm carrying about 12 lbs of just baby!

Best moment this week: Spending all day yesterday with my mom. She came over first thing in the morning and ended up staying until 4! I have the best mama in the whole world <3 Plus we snuck out of the house to get my medication & get me a nice hot cup of coffee ~ we're such trouble makers! Oh and the surprise visit from my little bro & Pat! They brought me flowers, ice cream, candy & 4 sprinkles cupcakes (sorry Jonathan, I ate yours!)...Do they know the way to a pregnant woman's heart or what?! I'm so lucky! <3

Miss anything: This week I was really missing going to MOPS and all my MOPS mamas! I can't wait to get back into the swing of things and see all their beautiful faces every week!! 

Movement: The girls are still super active and I'm still surprised baby b was able to flip so she's now head down! I love feeling their arms move across my belly but it's still painful when baby a kicks my bladder or stomps on a nerve that shoots pain down my legs :(

Food cravings: I've really been craving my mom's delicious broccoli salad this week! She brought me salad 2 different days this week because I've been wanting it every single day! Do I have the best mom or what?!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Luckily I haven't actually gotten sick in a few days, but I'm still a little nauseous at night depending on what I eat and how much I eat.

Belly button in or out: Outtie!!

Wedding rings on or off: Off 

Happy or moody: I'm feeling happy, anxious and excited to meet these girls in a matter of days! Hopefully no more than 7 days!!!

Looking forward to: Finding out if my doc moved up my c-section to Friday, March 28th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment